Volunteer/Intern Opportunity - Social Media & Marketing Consultant
New York-based company is looking for a fall intern/volunteer. Need a self-starter who will help grow our business's online presence. This internship/volunteer is a great experience for anyone who is interested in online marketing, new media, communications and writing.
You must have writing experience, and be ready and willing to learn more. We are looking for someone who can bring new ideas to the table. This is a great platform for writers who are looking to grow their portfolios and learn more about social media and online marketing.
Must be extremely organized, self-motivated and have excellent communication skills. For the right person, you'll gain a host of new skills and experience and will look GREAT on your resume and reference list.
Duties would include but not limited to:
- Managing the company's Facebook and Twitter accounts, sending daily updates to each, as well as posting content meant to engage discussion on these pages and increase number of fans/followers
- Experiment with new and alternative ways to leverage social media activities
- Assist in monitoring trends in social media tools and applications and appropriately apply that knowledge to increasing the use of social media at Real Estate Scholar
- Craft press releases & correspondences
- Help plan marketing strategy, both on- and offline
- Meet weekly to discuss progress, goals, and objectives
- Administrative duties as required
- Motivated, self starter who is passionate about non-profit industry
- Experience with social media
- Enthusiastic team player able to work effectively in a start up environment
We welcome volunteers located anywhere within the world as long as you can connect to the Internet on a daily basis. This position will require approximately 5-10 hours per week and last 3-6 months, or longer pending the volunteer's interest.
This is an unpaid position.